(14) Position pinion end plate (4) in vise.
Sharply striking end of pinion shaft
and locknut with rubber mallet will
enable bearings to rotate freely with
no end play.
(15) Strike end of pinion shaft (6) and locknut (9).
(16) Remove pinion end plate (4) from vise.
Seal must be evenly pressed in end
plate. Failure to comply may result in
damage to seal.
(17) Install new oil seal (10) on pinion shaft (6) and
pinion end plate (4).
Wear eye protection and use care
when Installing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under spring
tension and can act as projectiles
when released causing severe eye
Skip step (18) if shaft has machined
shoulder instead of retaining ring.
(18) Install two new retaining rings (11) on output
(19) Install woodruff key (13) on output shaft (12).
(20) Position gear (14) toothed side up on suitable
(21) Align slot in gear (14) with woodruff key (13) and
install output shaft (12) in gear (14).
(22) Position bearing cone (15) small side down on
Bearing cone must be pressed on
output shaft until it contacts gear.
(23) Press output shaft (12) into bearing cone (15).
(24) Install spacer (16) on output shaft (12).
Change 1 27-47