27-5. TEE GEAR BOX REPAIR (CONT)
Bearing cone should be positioned
with small side down.
Position bearing cone (17) small side down on
Bearing cone must be pressed on
output shaft until it contacts spacer
and retaining ring.
Press output shaft (12) into bearing cone (17).
Install bearing cup (18) in rear output end plate
Seal must be evenly pressed in end
plate. Failure to comply may result in
damage to seal.
Install new oil seal (20) in rear output end plate
(29) Install bearing cup (21) in front output end plate
(30) Install new oil seal (23) in front output end plate
(31) Coat two bearing cones (15 and 17) and bearing
cups (18 and 21) with grease.
Output end plates will fit either end of
Output end plates and
output shaft must be installed
Failure to comply will
cause steering gear to operate
backwards, which may cause serious
Injury or death.
(32) Install three new gaskets (24) and front output
end plate (22) on housing (25) with four screws
Gear end must be installed first
Failure to comply will result in
backward gear operation.
(33) Install output shaft (12) gear end first in housing