27-4. REAR STEERING GEAR REPAIR (CONT)
(1) Lubricate new quad ring seal (1) with hydraulic
oil and install in housing (2).
Do step (2) if bearing was removed.
Bearing must be pressed in until
flush with inside surface of
Install bearing (3) in housing (2).
Do steps (3) thru (12) if seals or
actuating shaft were removed.
(3) Position bearing cap (4) in vise with inside
Seals must be evenly pressed in
bearing cap. Failure to comply may
result in damage to seals.
installed by pressing from inside of
bearing cap to outside.
Backup washer must be installed
on all steering gears.
(4) Install new backup washer (4.1) and new high-
pressure seal (5) in bearing cap (4) until it rests
(5) Lubricate high-pressure seal (5) with hydraulic
(6) Press actuating shaft (6) into bearing cap (4).
Bearing retainer should be tightened
securely to prevent actuating shaft
(7) Install bearing retainer (7) on bearing cap (4).
(8) Install new retaining pin (8) in bearing cap (4).
27-36 Change 1