(4) Position bearing (5) in press with narrow
(5) Press shaft (6) into bearing (5).
Do step (6) if seat and roll pin were
(6) Install roll pin (7) and seat (8) on yoke (9).
(7) Install spring (10) and seat (11) in pump
(8) Install yoke (9) and shaft (6) in pump
When properly assembled, yoke
should be stiff, but loose enough to
be moved by hand.
If yoke is too tight in housing, add
or remove shims until correct
preload is obtained.
(9) Install bearing cone (12), bearing cup (13),
bearing spacer (14), and preformed
packing (15) in pump housing (2).
Shims must be adjusted only if new
bearings are installed.
If shim thickness is greater than
0.02 in., another shim must be
added to opposite side of yoke to
reduce total shim thickness to less
than 0.02 in. Shim thickness at
either pintle must not exceed 0.02
(10) Install shim kit (16) and pintle cover (17)
on pump housing (2) with four screws
(18). Cross-tighten to 175-185 lb-in. (237-