If installing new gear set, record size
of pinion gear (engraved on pinion
end). Compare dimension with new
gear set. If new size is larger, pinion
gear shims will be thinner.
(2) Coat bearings (3 and 4) with lubricating
(3) Press taper bearing (3) on pinion shaft (5)
using pinion bearing cone installer (5.1)
(3.1) Install shim (6) over end of pinion shaft
(4) Install shim (7) and taper rac e (8) in
housing (2) until fully seated.
If small shim thickness is increased
or decreased, large shim must be
(5) Install pinion shaft (5) through housing (2).
(6) Install taper race (9) and taper bearing (4)
on pinion shaft (5) while assistant
supports pinion shaft (5).
Change 1 25-65