Adhesive-sealant can burn easily,
can give off harmful vapors, and Is
harmful to skin and clothing. To
avoid injury or death, keep away from
open fire and use In well ventilated
area. If adhesive sealant gets on skin
or clothing, wash Immediately with
soap and water.
(53) Coat rear housing (3) sealing surface with
adhesive-sealant (Item 3, Appendix B).
(54) Install front housing (43) on rear housing
(55) Coat 13 screws (44) with adhesive-
(56) Install screws (44) in front housing (43).
Torque to 44 Ib-ft (60 Nm).
(57) Install taper race (45) in front housing (43)
using power divider bearing cone installer
(58) Install new preformed packing (46) and
drain plug (47) in front housing (43).
(59) Measure and record distance A on raised
portion of bottom seal cover (48).
(60) Measure and record distance B between
face of front housing (43) and taper race
(61) Calculate shim (49) thickness by
subtracting distance A from B.
thickness is B A 0.002 in. (0.05 mm).
Change 1 25-51