25-3. AXLE NO. 3 DIFFERENTIAL REPAIR (CONT)
Adhesive-sealant can burn easily,
can give off harmful vapors, and Is
harmful to skin and clothing. To
avoid Injury or death, keep away from
open fire and use In well ventilated
area. If adhesive sealant gets on skin
or clothing, wash Immediately with
soap and water.
(43) Coat threads of screw (35) with adhesive
sealant (Item 6, Appendix B).
(44) Install lock plate (36) on bearing cap (26)
with screw (35). Torque to 132-216 lb-in.
(45) Coat two studs (37) with adhesive-sealant
(Item 6, Appendix B).
(46) Install two studs (37) in rear housing (3).
Torque to 76 lb-ft (103 N m).
(47) Rotate rear housing (3) so pinion shaft
(10) points up.
(48) Install two bearing cones (38) on split
torque differential (39).
(49) Install split torque differential (39) in rear
On direct contact, uncured silicone
sealant Irritates eyes.
In case of
contact, flush eyes with water and
seek medical attention. In case of
skin contact, wipe off and flush with
(50) Coat mating surface of differential lock
actuating cylinder (40) with silicone
(51) Coat threads of two screws (41) with
adhesive-sealant (Item 6, Appendix B).
(52) Install differential lock actuating cylinder
(40) on rear housing (3) with two washers
(42) and screws (41). Torque to 47 lb-ft