25-2. AXLE NO. 2 DIFFERENTIAL REPAIR (CONT)
Adhesive-sealant can burn easily,
can give off harmful vapors, and is
harmful to skin and clothing. To
avoid injury or death, keep away from
open fire and use in well-ventilated
area. If adhesive-sealant gets on skin
or clothing, wash immediately with
soap and water.
(116) Coat mating surface of cover (82) with
adhesive-sealant (Item 4, Appendix B).
(117) Coat threads of screws (83) with
adhesive-sealant (Item 6, Appendix B).
(118) Install cover (B2) on front housing cover
(72) with four washers (84) and screws
(83). Torque to 29 lb-ft (39 Nm).
On direct contact, uncured silicone
sealant irritates eyes.
In case of
contact, flush eyes with water and
seek medical attention. In case of
skin contact, wipe off and flush with
(119) Coat splines of shaft (46) with silicone
(120) Coat threads of shaft (46) with adhesive-
Large openings of yoke must align
with notches in input shaft to ease
staking of nut.
(121) Install input yoke (85) on input shaft (46)
with new nut (86) using socket (86.1).
Torque to 680-796 lb-ft (922-1079 Nm).
(122) Stake edge of new nut (86) in notches of
input shaft (46).
25-30 Change 1