(1) Attach suitable lifting device to differential
(2) Remove six screws (2) and differential
assembly (1) from adapter (4).
On direct contact, uncured silicone
sealant irritates eyes.
In case of
contact, flush eyes with water and
seek medical attention. In case of
skin contact, wipe off and flush with
(3) Coat mating surface of axle housing (5)
with silicone adhesive-sealant.
Differential weighs 950 lb (431 kg)
and requires the aid of assistant to
move or lift it. Failure to use caution
may result in injury to personnel.
(4) Install differential assembly (1) in axle
housing (5) while assistant operates lifting
(5) Install 10 washers (6) and new locknuts
(7) on studs (8). Torque to 190-206 lb-ft
(6) Position axle housing (5) so input yoke (9)
is parallel to floor.
Change 1 25-31