(76) Install gear carrier (47) in ring and pinion
(77) Install ring gear carrier (49) on gear carrie r
Adhesive-sealant can burn easily,
can give off harmful vapors, and is
harmful to skin and clothing. To
avoid injury or death, keep away from
open fire and use in well-ventilated
area. If adhesive-sealant gets on skin
or clothing, wash immediately with
soap and water.
(78) Coat threads of six screws (50) with
adhesive-sealant (Item 6, Appendix B).
(79) Install three plates (51) on ring and pinion
assembly (36) with six screws (50).
Torque to 120 lb-in. (13.6 Nm).
(80) Press two bearings (52) on pinion (53).
(81) Coat bearings (52) with lubricating oil.
(82) Install pinion (53) in carrier housing (6)
with aid of assistant.