25-2. AXLE NO. 2 DIFFERENTIAL REPAIR (CONT)
Adhesive-sealant can burn easily,
can give off harmful vapors, and is
harmful to skin and clothing. To
avoid injury or death, keep away from
open fire and use in well-ventilated
area. If adhesive-sealant gets on skin
or clothing, wash immediately with
soap and water.
(65) Coat new nut (39) with adhesive-sealant
(Item 6, Appendix B).
(66) Install new nut (39) using spanner nut
socket (40). Torque to 325-362 lb-ft (441-
(67) Stake edge of nut (39) in notches of
bearing cover (5).
(68) Install deflector (41) in ring and pinion
(69) Install sun gear (42) on pinion shaft (13)
fiat side first.
(70) Install washer (43) on sun gear (42).
Wear eye protection and use care
when Installing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under spring
tension and can act as projectiles
when released causing severe eye
(71) Install retaining ring (44) on pinion shaft
(72) Coat end of pinion shaft (13) with grease.
Do step (73) if spacer was removed.
(73) Install spacer (45) on input shaft (46).
(74) Install gear carrier (47) on input shaft (46).
(75) Install retaining ring (48) on input shaft