25-2. AXLE NO. 2 DIFFERENTIAL REPAIR (CONT)
(83) Install new preformed packing (54) and
plug (55) in front housing (56).
On direct contact, uncured silicone
sealant Irritates eyes.
In case of
contact, flush eyes with water and
seek medical attention. In case of
skin contact, wipe off and flush with
(84) Fill plug (55) slot with silicone adhesive-
Do step (85) if dowels were removed.
(85) Install two dowels (57) in front hous ing
(86) Coat end of pipe (58) with silicone
Adhesive-sealant can bum easily, can
give off harmful vapors, and is
harmful to skin and clothing. To
avoid injury or death, keep away from
open fire and use in well-ventilated
area. If adhesive-sealant gets on skin
or clothing, wash immediately with
soap and water.
(87) Coat threads of two screws (59) with
adhesive-sealant (Item 6, Appendix B).
(88) Install pipe (58), deflector (60), and two
screws (59) in front housing (56). Torque
to 78 lb-in. (8.8 Nm).