25-2. AXLE NO. 2 DIFFERENTIAL REPAIR (CONT)
Adhesive-sealant can burn easily,
can give off harmful vapors, and is
harmful to skin and clothing. To
avoid injury or death, keep away from
open fire and use in well-ventilated
area. If adhesive-sealant gets on skin
or clothing, wash immediately with
soap and water.
(5) Coat threads of eight screws (4) with
adhesive-sealant (Item 6, Appendix B).
(6) Install bearing cover (5) on carrier housing
(6) with eight screws (4). Torque to 80 lb-
ft (108 Nm).
(7) Position carrier housing (6) so rear faces
(8) Install taper race (7) in carrier housing (6).
If same pinion and differential are
being reused, same shim may be
If new pinion and differential are
being used, shim thickness is
dimension engraved on new
pinion with dimension on old
pinion. If dimension is larger,
shim must be reduced by
If dimension is
smaller, shim must be increased
(9) Install shim kit (8), taper race (9), and
taper race (10) in bearing cover (5).
(10) Install taper bearing (11) on pinion shaft
(13) using pinion bearing cone installer
(10.1) Install spacer (12) on pinion shaft (13).
25-16 Change 1