24-2. AXLE NO. 1 DIFFERENTIAL REPAIR (CONT)
(14) Install taper bearings (13 and 14) on
differential gear (15).
If thickness of pinion gear shims
increased, differential shim must be
decreased by same amount.
thickness of pinion gear shims
decreased, differential shim must be
increased by same amount. Refer to
identification of parts.
(15) Measure thickness of shim (16) and
change thickness if necessary.
(16) Install differential gear (15), bearing races
(17 and 18), and shim (16) in differential
Adhesive-sealant can burn easily,
can give off harmful vapors, and is
harmful to skin and clothing. To
avoid injury or death, keep away from
open fire and use in well-ventilated
area. If adhesive-sealant gets on skin
or clothing, wash immediately with
soap and water.
(17) Coat threads of capscrews (19) with
(18) Install two bearing caps (20) on housing
(2) with four capscrews (19). Torque to 25
lb-in. (2.82 Nm).
(19) Install adjusting nut (21) in bearing cap
24-10 Change 1