(84) Coat shafts of upper shift fork assembly
(74) and lower shift fork assembly (83)
(85) Coat bushing (25), hole in bearing
retaining plate (63), and bearing cone (24)
Adhesive-sealant can bum easily, can
give off harmful vapors, and Is
harmful to skin and clothing. To
avoid Injury or death, keep away from
open fire and use In well-ventilated
area. If adhesive-sealant gets on skin
or clothing, wash Immediately with
soap and water.
(86) Coat inner edge of flange on transfer case
rear half (48), just inside holes, with
adhesive-sealant (Item 3, Appendix B).
Do step (87) if dowel pins were
(87) Install two dowel pins (85) on transfer
case front half (86).
Lower transfer case front half
straight down to prevent possible
damage to shift rod.
(88) Lower transfer case front half (86) onto
transfer case rear half (48) while aligning
dowel pins (85) while assistant operates
suitable lifting device.
(89) Coat threads of screws (87) with
adhesive-sealant (Item 6, Appendix B).
(90) Install 20 screws (87) in housing. Torque
to 88 lb-ft (119 N m).