(70) Install top bearing race (69) and center
bearing race (70) in transfer case rear half
(71) Install spring (71) and ball (72) in transfer
case rear half (48). Hold spring and ball in
place with dummy shaft (73).
(72) Coat shaft of upper shift fork assembly
(74) with grease.
(73) Install lifting eye (75) in top input shaft
Input shaft weighs 110 lb (50 kg).
Stay clear of Input shaft when
supported by lifting device. Input
shaft may fall and cause serious
Injury to personnel.
End of fork shift rod with
threaded hole must face up.
Shift fork will push dummy shaft
out during assembly.
The cutoff part of fork faces
assembly must be installed
(74) Install top input shaft assembly (76), shift
fork (74), and two spacers (77 and 78) in
transfer case rear half (48) while assistant
operates lifting device.
(75) Remove lifting eye (75) from top input
Change 3 23-25