Lip of piston seal rings faces bottom
of piston cavity.
(2) Lubricate and install new seal rings (4 and 5) in
grooves in piston (6).
(3) Install piston (6), spring bosses up, in clutch
(4) Soak five friction plates (7) in clean l bricating
oil for 2 minutes.
If new piston is used, make sure
identification letter (X, Y, or Z)
matches letter on old piston.
(5) Install five steel plates (8) and five friction plates
(7) starting with steel plate (8) and alternating
with friction plate (7).
Wear eye protection and use care
when removing snap rings. Snap
rings are under spring tension and
can act as projectiles when released
causing severe eye Injury.
(6) Install backplate (9) and snap ring (10) in clutch