TORQUE CONVERTER HOUSING/FRONT SUPPORT REPAIR (CONT)
(19) Install Spring (25), converter bypass valve (26),
valve seat (27), and support assembly (28) in
front support assembly (10).
Wear eye protection and use care
when Installing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under spring
tension and can act as projectiles
when released causing severe eye
(20) Install new retaining ring (29) while assistant
pushes against front support assembly (10).
(21) Install elbow (30) on torque converter housing
(22) Install four remaining screws (31) in front
support assembly (10). Torque to 36-43 Ib-ft
Pipe thread sealing compound can
burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and is harmful to skin and
clothing. To avoid Injury or death,
keep away from open fire and use in
well-ventilated area. If pipe thread
sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap
(23) Coat threads of three plugs (32) with pipe thread
(24) Install three plugs (32) on pump (33).
Do step (25) only if bearings were
(26) Install two driven gears (35) on shaft s (36).
Install drive gear (37) in oil pump (33).
Install backplate (38) on pump (33) with screw
(39). Torque to 120-180 lb-in. (13.6-20.3 Nm).