20-2. BLOWER REPAIR (CONT)
(14) Stand blower(10) up on wooden blocks.
Do not apply oil to seals or rotor
shafts. Damage to seals will result.
Seal protectors will drive out plastic
sleeve in seal. Discard sleeve.
(15) Align matchmarks and install rear end plate (1)
on blower (10).
(16) Install two screws (13) through re ar end plate (1)
and blower (10).
(17) Coat two ball bearings (14) with lubricating oil.
Bearings must rest flat on rotors.
Failure to comply may result in
damage to splines.
(18) Install ball bearings (14), numbered end up, on
rotors (8 and 9) and in rear plate (1).
Bearing retainers should be
installed with chamfered side of
Rear bearing retainers are flat.
(19) Install two bearing retainers (15) on rear end
plate (1) with six screws (16). Torque to 84-108
lb-in. (9.5-12.2 N m).