20-2. BLOWER REPAIR (CONT)
Compressed air for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only
with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield,
(3) Dry all metal parts, except bearings, with
compressed air. Allow bearings to air dry.
(4) Inspect roller and ball bearings for corrosion,
scoring, pitting, or other damage.
(5) Inspect both timing gears at teeth and bore
splines for chips or nicks.
(6) Inspect oil holes.
If clogged, clean with dry
(7) Inspect all finished surfaces for burrs and
scoring. Clean with crocus cloth.
(1) Place rear end plate (1) on wooden blocks with
inner surface up.
(2) Install seal protector (2) on remove r and installer
Double-lipped oil seal must be
installed dry. Do not apply oil to seal
Oil will damage
protective coating of seal.
(3) Install new double-lipped oil seal (4), number
side up, on tool. Press new oil seal (4) in bore
(5) until tool contacts rear end plate (1).
(4) Repeat steps (1) thru (3) to install remaining
seal in rear end plate (1) and two seals (4) in
front end plate (6).
(5) Install two pipe plugs (7) on front end plate (6).