(1) Remove old sealant from crankshaft cover
(1) and engine block (2).
(2) Clean gasket material from mounting
surface of oil Inlet pipe assembly (3).
(3) Clean drive and driven gears (4 and 5),
screen (6), and cover (7) with diesel fuel.
purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207
kPa). Use only with effective chip
guarding and personal protective
equipment (goggles/shield, gloves,
(4) Dry parts with compressed air.
(5) Inspect bushing (8) of driven gear (5) for
Replace bushing if clearance
between bushing and shaft is more than
0.0035 in. (0.089 mm). If bushing is
replaced, new clearance should be 0.001-
0.0025 in. (0.25-0.064 mm).
Failure to replace excessively worn
gears will result in low oil pressure
which may cause serious damage to
The drive and driven gear should be
replaced as a set.
(6) Inspect shaft (9), drive gear (4), driven
gear (5), oil inlet pipe (3), cover (7),
screen (6) and crankshaft cover (1) for
damage or wear.