19-14. CRANKSHAFT COVER, FRONT OIL SEAL, AND OIL PUMP REPAIR (CONT)
(1) Lubricate shaft (1) and drive and driven
gears (2 and 3) with oil.
If installing new shaft, do step (2).
Shaft must be flush to 0.020 in.
(0.51 mm) below finished face of
(2) Press shaft (1) in crankshaft cover (4).
(3) Install drive and driven gears (2 and 3) in
rear side of crankshaft cover (4).
Self-locking screws must be used
due to closeness of crankshaft.
(4) Install gear retaining plate (5) on rea r of
crankshaft cover (4) with eight new screws
(6). Torque to 156-204 lb-in. (18-23
(5) Coat sealing lip of new front seal (7) with
Sealing lips must face outside of
(6) Install front seal (7) in front side of
crankshaft cover (4) using seal installer
Bevel edge of oil pump drive hub
faces rear of crankshaft.
(1) Install new key (1) and oil pump drive hub
(2) on crankshaft (3).
(2) Coat new gasket (4) with grease and
install on engine block (5).