(12) Remove two nuts (17), bearing cap (18),
and bearing shell (19).
(13) Coat new connecting rod bearing shell
(19) with lubricating oil.
(14) Position crankshaft connecting rod journal
(20) of cylinder being worked on to bottom
of its travel.
(15) Coat journal (20) with lubricating oil.
(16) Align matchmark on cylinder liner (4) and
engine block (6).
Distance from center of connecting
rod bolts to edges of connecting rods
are not equal. Narrow sides (A) of
two connecting rods, on crankshaft
journal, must face each other.
Failure to comply will damage
Pistons should be installed so that
each crankshaft connecting rod
journal has two pistons attached
before moving to next crankshaft
connecting rod journal.
(17) Slide cylinder liner (4) with piston (12) and
connecting rod assembly (11) into engine
connecting rod assembly over crankshaft
(18) Seat connecting rod (11) firmly on
crankshaft journal (20).