19-4. ENGINE BLOCK REPAIR (CONT)
(25) Remove eight cylinder liners (5) from engine
(26) Coat cylinder liners (5) with lubricating oil.
(27) Remove cylinder liner inserts (4) from each
(28) Remove two seal rings (1) from grooves (2) of
each cylinder of engine block (3).
purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207
kPa). Use only with effective chip
guarding and personal protective
equipment (goggles/shield, gloves,
(29) Dry engine block (3) with compressed air.
(30) Coat engine block (3) machined surfaces with
lubricating oil to prevent rust.
(31) Install adapter plate (28) on engine block (3)
with 13 screws (29) with aid of assistant.
Engine assembly weighs 2605 lb
Stay clear of engine
assembly when it Is supported by
lifting device. If engine falls, serious
Injury or death may result.
(32) Install suitable lifting device on engine block (3).
supported by lifting device. Engine
may fall and cause serious Injury to
(33) Mount engine block (3) and adapter plate (28)
on engine stand (30) with six washers (31) and
screws (32). Torque to 147 lb-ft (199 N m).
(34) Remove lifting device from engine block (3).