19-4. ENGINE BLOCK REPAIR (CONT)
(9) Install all 2 plates (17) from engine block test kit
oh right and left cylinder banks of engine block
(3) with 20 spacers (18) and screws (19).
Torque screws to 100 lb-ft (136 Nm).
(10) Connect air line to fitting (20). Route air line
from above engine block to prevent antifreeze
solution from draining into hose.
(11) Pour 1 gal (3.8 L) of antifreeze into engine block
water jacket through hole for aftercooler water
inlet adapter (21). Top off engine block water
jacket with water.
Pipe thread sealing compound can
burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and is harmful to skin and
clothing. To avoid Injury or death,
keep away from open fire and use In
well-ventilated area. If pipe thread
sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash Immediately with soap
(12) Coat threads of engine block pressure test core
plug (22) 'with pipe thread sealing compound.
(13) Install gasket (23) and engine block pressure
test core plug (22) in hole for aftercooler water
remover/installer (24). Torque plug to 230-270
lb-ft (312-366 Nm).
Use care when using high air
pressure. Ensure connections and
seals are tight before applying
pressure. High air pressure can blow
out parts, hoses, or debris with force.
Explosive force may cause Injury and
protective equipment will be used
(goggles/shield, gloves, etc.).
(14) Apply 40 psi (276 kPa) pressure to engine block
(3). Maintain pressure for at least 2 hours.
(15) After test period, inspect engine block (3) for
leaking antifreeze. If leaks are found in engine
block (3), replace engine block.
(16) Loosen air line from fitting (20) to allow air
pressure to escape.
(17) Remove air line from fitting (20).