Table 3-5. Troubleshooting (Cont)
Test or Inspection
HD45 HAMMER DRILL (SEE) (CONT)
109. HAMMER DRILL OVERHEATS.
Check for low oil level in front hydraulic tank.
· If oil level is low, add oil (TM 5-2420-224-10).
· If oil level is not low, perform Malfunction 100.
110. HAMMER DRILL OPERATES SLOWLY OR INEFFECTIVELY.
Check for damaged hydraulic lines.
· If hydraulic lines are damaged, replace hydraulic lines
· If hydraulic lines are not damaged, go to step 2.
Check for blocked plug (1) by removing hose (2) and plug and checking for
· If plug is blocked, remove foreign matter.
· If plug is not blocked, install plug and hose and go to step 3.
Attempt to operate a different hydraulic tool.
· If alternate tool operates at normal speed, replace hammer drill.
· If alternate tool does not operate at normal speed, notify direct