Table 3-5. Troubleshooting (Cont)
Test or Inspection
IMPACT WRENCH (HMMH)
111. IMPACT WRENCH PERFORMS POORLY OR HAS LOW IMPACT.
Check for damaged hydraulic lines.
· If hydraulic lines are damaged, replace hydraulic lines (page 4-586).
· If hydraulic lines are not damaged, go to step 2.
Check for low engine speed by pulling hydraulic tool switch out and checking
engine rpm on tachometer. Engine speed should be 2000 rpm.
· If engine speed is not 2000 rpm, adjust air cylinder (page 4-77).
· If engine speed is 2000 rpm, notify direct support maintenance.
112. IMPACT WRENCH OVERHEATS.
Check for low oil level in front hydraulic tank.
· If oil level is low, add oil (TM 5-2420-224-10).
· If oil level is not low, perform Malfunction 100.
113. OIL LEAKS AT HAMMER CASE.