28-6. POWER TAKEOFF REPAIR (CONT)
(16) Remove output gear (29) from output
(17) Remove two roller bearings (30) and
thrust washer (31) from output shaft (23).
(18) Press ball bearing (32) from output shaft
Clutch backup cylinder Is under
spring pressure. It must be clamped
In vise to avoid sudden release of
parts. Failure to comply may cause
Injury to personnel.
(19) Position clutch backup cylinder (33) and
inner clutch gear (34) in vise.
Wear eye protection and use care
when removing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under spring
tension and can act as projectiles
when released causing severe eye
(20) Remove retaining ring (35) from output
shaft (23). Discard retaining ring.
(21) Remove clutch backup cylinder (33),
clutch spring-(36), and inner clutch gear
(34) from output shaft (23).