(20) Install thrust washer (32) and drive gear
(33) in drive coupling (31).
(21) Install input shaft (34), small end first, in
drive gear (33) and end cover (2).
(22) Install thrust washer support (35) and
thrust washer (36) on end cover (2).
(23) Install input shaft (34) through sun gear
(20) and drum (4).
(24) Install end cover (2) on end support (6).
Shifter arm must align with hole in
ring gear and tie bar.
(25) Turn shifter arm (24) so screw (26) locks
in hole In ring gear (12).
Wear eye protection and use care
when Installing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under spring
tension and can act as projectiles
when released causing severe eye
(26) Install retaining ring (37) on ring gear (12).
Open side of seal faces brake
Seal is installed 2 in. (50 mm) at a
time. Start with outer edge, then
move to inner edge until seal is
installed flush with housing.
(27) Install seal (38) in brake housing (39).
(28) Install new preformed packing (40) in
brake housing (39).