28-2. WINCH REPAIR (CONT)
Sun gear may stay in carrier in brake
(40) Remove sun gear (58) from brake shaft
Brake shaft may have to be tapped
out of brake piston.
(41) Remove brake shaft (59) from brake
(42) Remove bearing (61) from brake shaft
Carefully pry brake piston from brake
Failure to comply may
result in damage to brake piston.
Place brake housing assembly on
work surface, piston side up.
(43) Remove brake piston (60) from brake
(44) Remove two preformed packings (62) and
backup ring (63) from brake piston (60).
Discard preformed packings.
(45) Remove preformed packing (64) and
backup ring (65) from brake piston (60).
Discard preformed packing.