Wear eye protection and use care
when removing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under spring
tension and can act as projectiles
when released causing severe eye
(28) Remove retaining ring (57) and shaft (25)
from pump housing (9).
(29) Remove seal (58) from pum p housing (9).
(30) Remove retaining ring (59) from shaft
(31) Position shaft (25) on press with long end
of shaft (25) facing down.
(32) Press shaft (25) from bearing (60).
(33) Remove retaining ring (61) from shaft
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use solvent only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin,
eyes, and clothes, and don't breathe vapors. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. The flash point is 100-138 F (38-50 C). If you become dizzy while
using cleaning solvent, get fresh air Immediately and get medical aid. If solvent
contacts eyes, wash eyes with water and get medical aid Immediately.
(1) Clean metal parts in dry cleaning solvent
Compressed air for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only
with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield,
Bearing must be air dried or damage to bearing cone will result.
(2) Dry parts, except bearing cones, with compressed air.
(3) Inspect parts for damage. Replace non-serviceable damaged parts. Remove all burrs with croc us cloth.
(4) Inspect face of wafer plate for wear, scratches, and fractures.
(5) Inspect springs for wear and check that ends are parallel. Replace warped or worn springs.