Wear eye protection and use care
when removing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under spring
tension and can act as projectiles
when released causing severe eye
(37) Remove retaining ring (72) from housing
(15). Discard retaining ring.
(38) Remove seal (73) from housing (15).
(39) Remove bearing race (74) from housing
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 Is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes, and don't breathe vapors. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat.
The flash point is 100-138 F (38-59 C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning
solvent, get fresh air Immediately and get medical aid. If contact with eyes is
made, wash your eyes with water and get medical aid Immediately.
(1) Clean metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
Compressed air for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only
with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield,
Bearings must be air dried or damage to bearing will result.
(2) Dry parts, except bearings, with compressed air.
(3) Inspect parts for damage. Replace non-serviceable damaged parts. Remove all burrs with crocus cloth.
(4) Inspect face of wafer plate for wear, scratches, and fractures.
(5) Inspect springs for wear and check that ends are parallel. Replace warped or worn springs.
(6) Inspect yoke face for wear, roughness, and scoring.
(7) Inspect shaft for wear, chipped splines, and burrs.
Wobble shoe plate to ensure that each piston is free within its bore in the cylinder
(8) Check cylinder block bore for excessive wear. Piston should be close fit but slide in and out easily. If
binding exists, clean and lubricate block and piston with dean hydraulic fluid. If binding persists, replace