Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use only in well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothing, and don't breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or excessive
heat. The flash point Is 100-138 F (38-59 C). If you become dizzy while using
cleaning solvent, get fresh air immediately and medical aid. If contact with eyes is
made, wash your eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
(1) Clean metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Compressed air for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only
with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield,
(2) Dry parts with compressed air.
(3) Clean carbon deposits from cylinder head
interior surfaces, piston crowns, and
piston ring grooves.
(4) Clean interior air and water passageways
and blow out with compressed air.
(5) Remove gasket material from gasket
(6) Inspect cylinder heads, cylinder blocks,
and crankcase assembly for cracks and
damaged threads. Gasket surfaces must
be free of nicks and gouges.
(7) Inspect intake and exhaust valves for
wear grooves, cracks, or pits.
(8) Inspect pistons for scoring, cracks, or
(9) Measure piston (1) outside diameter.
Measure cylinder bore (2) inside diameter
using telescoping gage. Piston (1) to bore
(2) clearance should not exceed 0.008 in.
(0.20 mm). Replace pistons and cylinder
block if clearance is exceeded.
(10) Inspect cylinder bores
scoring, and pitting.
(11) Inspect bores (2) for out-of-round or taper.
Bores (2) must not be out-of-round more
than 0.0005 in. (0.013 mm). Bores (2)
must not taper more than 0.001 in. (0.025
mm) from top to bottom of bore. Replace
cylinder block if limits are exceeded.
(12) Inspect piston rings for cracks or wear.
Clearance between rings (3) and piston
(1) grooves must not exceed 0.0045 in.