Remove taper bearings only if they
To remove taper bearing from gear
side of differential, first remove
cage and rollers from inner race.
Then pry inner race up high
enough to install puller.
(18) Remove adjusting shim (22), taper race
(23), and taper bearing (24) from gear
side of differential (10).
(19) Remove taper race (25) and taper bearing
(26) from other side of differential (10).
During removal of pinion gear, do not
allow gear teeth to hit the inside of
the housing and cover assembly.
Damage to equipment may result.
(20) Install nut (14) loosely on end of pinion
(21) Remove pinion gear (11 ) from housing
(21) while assistant supports pinion gear
(22) Remove and discard nut (14).
(23) Remove pinion seal (27), taper bearing
(28), and taper race (29) from housing
(21). Discard pinion seal.
Tag and mark shims before removal.
(24) Remove taper race (30) and shim (31)
from housing (21).
(25) Remove taper bearing (32) and shim (33)
from pinion shaft (9).
(26) Remove filler plug (34) from housing (21).
Change 1 25-63