25-4. AXLE NO. 4 DIFFERENTIAL REPAIR (CONT)
(20) Attach lifting device to axle housing (34).
Axle weighs approximately 2040 lb
(926 kg). Use caution when lifting or
moving axle. Failure to do so may
result in serious injury or death to
(21) Position axle housing (34) in axle stand
with differential assembly (35) pointing up.
(22) Attach lifting device to yoke (36).
(23) Remove 11 screws (37), washers (38),
and two brackets (39) from differential
(24) Remove three locknuts (40), washers
(41), and taper dowels (42) from studs
(43). Discard locknuts.
Differential weighs approximately 260
lb (118 kg) and requires the aid of
assistant to move or lift it. Failure to
use caution may result in injury to
Lift differential assembly (35)
from axle housing (34) while assistant
operates lifting device.