25-2. AXLE NO. 2 DIFFERENTIAL REPAIR (CONT)
(80) Position output housing (90) in press with
long end of shaft facing up.
Ensure shaft does not drop to floor.
Failure to comply may result in
damage to equipment.
(81) Press output shaft (91) with bearing (92)
from output housing (90).
(82) Position output shaft (91) in press.
(83) Press output shaft (91) from bearing (92).
(1) Clean old gasket material from housing and/or caps.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 Is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use only In a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes, and don't breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or excessive heat.
The flash point Is 100-138 F (38-59 C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning
solvent, get fresh air Immediately and medical aid. If contact with eyes Is made,
wash your eyes with water and get medical aid Immediately.
(2) Clean sealant residue from threaded holes with dry cleaning solvent.
Wash machined parts separately to avoid damage from parts bumping together.
(3) Wash parts in dry cleaning solvent.