If end play is within specifications, go
to step (123). If not, go to step (119).
(119) Turn transfer case (102) over so rear half
(48) faces up.
(120) Remove six screws (54), lockwashers
(53), bearing housing (52), and shims (51)
from rear half (48). Discard lockwasher.
Adhesive-sealant can burn easily,
can give off harmful vapors, and Is
harmful to skin and clothing. To
avoid Injury or death, keep away from
open fire and use In well-ventilated
area. If adhesive-sealant gets on skin
or clothing, wash Immediately with
soap and water.
(121) Coat shims (51) and screws (54) with
adhesive-sealant (item 6, Appendix B).
The number of shims installed is
amount required to obtain correct
(122) Install shims (51) and bearing housing
(52) on rear half (48) with six new
lockwashers (53) and screws (54).
Torque to 60 Ib-ft (81 Nm).