Wear eye protection and use care
when removing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under spring
tension and can act as projectiles
when released causing severe eye
(4) Remove retaining ring ( ) from rear cover
(5) Remove output shaft (2) from rear cover
Do step (6) only if governor support
pin is damaged.
(6) Remove governor support pin (8) from
rear cover (1).
(7) Press output shaft (2) from bearing (9).
(8) Remove spacer (10) and speedometer
drive gear (11) from output shaft (2).
Transmissions with a serial number
lower than 251017042 have a roller
bearing; serial numbers of 251017042
or higher have a bushing. Both shaft
(9) Remove roller bearing (12) from output
(10) Thread long screw (13) into small orifice
plug (14). Pry up on screw to remove
Change 2 22-99