Some transmissions and service
parts will have a single graphite filled
polyamide thrust washer in place of
the combination of bronze and steel
(1) Coat eight roller bearings (1), new steel
thrust washers (2), and new bronze thrust
washers (3) with lubricating oil.
(2) Install steel thrust washer (2) on each end
of four spur gears (4).
(3) Install bronze thrust washer (3) on each
steel thrust washer (2).
(4) Position center carrier (5) front end up.
Install thrust washers (2 and 3), two roller
bearings (1), and spur gear (4) in center
carrier assembly, aligning loading pins
with pin bores in carrier (5).
(5) Press spindles (6) in carrier until both
ends of spindle are equal.
(6) Repeat steps (4) and (5) for other three
(7) Remove carrier (5) from press and stake
both ends of spindles (6) in four places.
Change 3 22-92.1 (22-92.2 blank)