(3) Measure piston release spring lengths
using spring tester (1). Replace piston
release springs if any three of each set do
not meet the following load-height
(a) Length without load must be at least
1.29 in. (32.7 mm).
(b) Length under load must be at least
0.82 in (20.8 mm) with load of 4.3-
5.7 lb (2-2.6 kg).
(c) Measure thrust washer thickness.
Thickness must be no less than
0.091 in. (2.31 mm).
(4) Insert seal ring groove gage (2) into
groove (3) on center support. Rotate
gage around hub. If the gage does not
rotate freely, the support is damaged and
should be replaced. Repeat the check on
the other seal ring groove.
(1) Place center support (1) on press, hub
Oil hole in prebored bushing must
align with oil hole in center hub.
(2) Install prebored bushing (2) in hub with
(3) Remove center support (1) from press and
place on flat work surface hub side up.
(4) Use swaging tool (4) to swage bushing (2)
by staking edges of oil hole (5).