22-15. CENTER SUPPORT REPAIR (CONT)
(6) Turn center support housing (2) over.
(7) Remove third clutch piston (8) from cent er
support housing (2).
(8) Remove outer seal ring (9) and inner seal
ring (10) from third clutch piston (8).
(9) Cut and remove four retaining washers
(11). Discard retaining washers.
(10) Remove clutch ring (12) from third clutch
(11) Remove 20 springs (13) from third clutch
(12) Turn center support housing (2) over.
(13) Collapse bushing (14) at seam and
remove from center support housing (2)
using a chisel.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves and use
only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and don't breathe
vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or excessive heat. The flash point is 100-138 F (38-59 C). If
you become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, get fresh air immediately and medical aid. If
contact with eyes is made, wash your eyes with water and get medical aid Immediately.
(1) Clean metal parts with dry cleaning solvent and inspect for damage. Replace damaged parts.
Compressed air for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only
with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield,
(2) Dry metal parts using compressed air.