FORWARD CLUTCH AND TURBINE SHAFT REPAIR (CONT)
Do step (1)
(1) Install eight balls (1) in ball pockets (2). Stake
forward clutch assembly (3) housing to retain
If collector ring and PTO gear were
not removed, go to step (10).
(2) Position forward clutch assembly (3) on work
table with shaft pointing down.
Wear eye protection and use care
when removing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under spring
tension and can act as projectiles
when released causing severe eye
(3) Install retaining ring (4) in groove (5) on outside
of forward clutch assembly (3).
Wear heat-resistant gloves to prevent
burning hands when handling hot
PTO gear. Failure to comply may
result in severe Injury.
PTO gear must be heated for 20-30
minutes to allow it to fit over forward
clutch assembly. Failure to heat PTO
gear will result in damage to
(4) Heat PTO gear (6) with two heater guns with aid
PTO gear must be installed with
chamfered inside diameter first.
When properly installed, retaining
ring should move freely in groove.
(5) Carefully place PTO gear (6) on forward clutch
assembly (3) until retaining ring (4) expands into
PTO gear (6) groove.
(6) Coat collar of oil collector ring (7) with retaining
compound and place on forward clutch