22-5. TORQUE CONVERTER STATOR REPAIR (CONT)
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes, and don't breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or excessive heat.
The flash point is 100-138 F (38-59 C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning
solvent, get fresh air immediately and medical aid. If contact with eyes is made,
wash your eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
Clean parts in dry cleaning solvent.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use
only with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles,
shield, and gloves).
Inspect parts for cracks, chipping, and
warping. If damage is found, replace
Coat parts with oil prior to assembly.
(1) Position stator (1) on work surface rear
(2) Install thrust bearing race (2) in rear side
of stator (1).
(3) Insert roller holder tool (3) in stator (1)
against thrust bearing race (2) with string
hanging out bottom.
(4) Install 10 roller springs (4) and rollers (5)
in cam pockets on stator (1).
(5) Install thrust bearing (6) on roller holder
(6) Install roller race (7) in stator (1) until it
contacts thrust bearing (6).
(7) Remove roller holder tool (3) from stator
(1) by pulling attached string.
(8) Push roller race (7) in while turning
clockwise until thrust bearing (6) seats on
thrust bearing race (2).