21-2. WATER PUMP REPAIR (CONT)
When Installing shaft assembly,
ensure shaft assembly Is Installed
straight Into pump body or damage to
shaft assembly and pump body may
(9) Install shaft assembly (3) into water pump
(5) by pressing on outer race of larger
(10) Install lock ring (11) in water pump (5) to
secure shaft assembly (3).
Gear must be Installed straight onto
shaft or gear will be damaged.
Do step (11) if gear was removed
(11) Press gear (13) onto shaft assembly (3)
using water pump drive gear installer (12)
to support shaft assembly from beneath.
Pipe thread sealing compound can
burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and is harmful to skin and
clothing. To avoid Injury or death,
keep away from open fire and use In
well-ventilated area. If pipe thread
sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap
(12) Coat threads of elbow (14) with pipe
thread sealing compound and install
elbow (14) in water pump (5).
(13) Coat threads of plug (15) with pipe thread
sealing compound and install plug (15) on
water pump (5).