20-3. TURBOCHARGER REPAIR (CONT)
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 Is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and Use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes, and don't breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or excessive heat.
The flash point is 100-1380F (38-590C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning
solvent, get fresh air immediately and medical aid. If contact with eyes is made,
wash your eyes with water and get medical aid Immediately.
(1) Soak metal parts in dry cleaning solvent
for 25 minutes.
Do not clean turbocharger parts with
steel bristle brush.
Damage to equipment may result.
(2) Clean parts with stiff bristle brush.
(3) Clean oil passages (1, 2, and 3) in center
housing (4) and oil passages (5 and 6) in
purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207
kPa). Use only with effective chip
guarding and personal protective
equipment (goggles/shield, gloves,
Do not use compressed air on
bearings. Allow bearings to air dry.
Compressed air may cause damage
(4) Dry metal parts, except bearings, with
compressed air. Allow bearings to dry.
(5) Inspect turbocharger for nicks, cuts,
scratches, scoring, or other damage.
(6) Inspect screw threads for stripping or