19-13. IDLER GEAR REPAIR (CONT)
(8) Remove hollow pin (4) from idler gear hub
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use solvent only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin,
eyes, and clothes, and don't breathe vapors. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. The flash point Is 100-138 F (38-59 C). If you become dizzy while
using cleaning solvent, get fresh air Immediately and get medical aid. If solvent
contacts eyes, wash eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
(1) Clean idler gear and bearing parts with dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect bearing for scoring, pitting, or flat spots on rollers or cones.
(3) Inspect bearing cups for scoring, pitting, and dents in bearing surface.
(4) Examine gear teeth for scoring, pitting, and chips.
(5) Replace all damaged parts.
(6) Coat all parts with lubricating oil.
(1) Install hollow pin (1) on idler gear hub (2).
Bearing cones and cups are matched
sets. If any part is unusable, all parts
must be replaced.
(2) Support idler gear (3), shoulder down, on
bed of press.
(3) Coat inner bearing cup (4) with lubricating
Insert inner bearing cup (4),
numbered side up, in bore of gear (3).
(4) Press inner bearing cup (4) to seat against
shoulder of gear (3).
(5) Install outer spacer ring (5) on inner
bearing cup (4).
(6) Coat bearing cup (6) with lubricating oil.
Insert outer bearing cup (6), numbered
side down, in bore of gear (3).
(7) Press outer bearing cup (6) to seat
against shoulder of gear (3).