19-12. CAMSHAFT AND END BEARING REPAIR (CONT)
There are two plugs in end of
camshafts. All plugs are removed
the same way.
(6) Position camshaft (3) in soft-jawed vise.
(7) Drill 31/64 in. (8.3 mm) hole in center of
(8) Enlarge hole in plug (10) from 31/64 to 1/4
in. (8.3 to 6.4 mm).
(9) Enlarge hole in plug (10) from 1/4 to 5/16
in. (6.4 to 7.9 mm).
(10) Remove plug (10) from camshaft (3) using
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use solvent only In a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin,
eyes, and clothes, and don't breathe vapors. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. The flash point Is 100-138 F (38-59 C). If you become dizzy while
using cleaning solvent, get fresh air immediately and get medical aid. If solvent
contacts eyes, wash eyes with water and get medical aid Immediately.
(1) Clean all camshaft parts with dry cleaning
purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207
kPa). Use only with effective chip
guarding and personal protective
equipment (goggles/shield, gloves,
(2) Dry parts with compressed air.
(3) Inspect camshaft (1) for scratches or
(4) Damaged keyways may be filed smooth.
(5) Threaded holes may be retapped.