19-10. PISTON, CONNECTING ROD, AND LINER REPAIR (CONT)
Matchmark piston pin, piston crown,
piston skirt, and piston pin bearing
(9) Remove piston pin (10) from piston skirt
(10) Separate piston crown (12) from piston
(11) Remove rubber seal ring (13) from piston
crown (12). Discard seal ring.
(12) Remove piston pin bearing (14) from
piston crown (12). Discard bearing.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 Is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves and use
solvent only In a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and don't
breathe vapors. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. The flash point Is 100-138 F (38-
59 C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, get fresh air Immediately and get
medical aid. If solvent contacts eyes, wash eyes with water and get medical aid Immediately.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Clean ring grooves and oil holes in pistons
with paint brush and dry cleaning solvent.
purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207
kPa). Use only with effective chip
guarding and personal protective
equipment (goggles/shield, gloves,
(3) Dry parts with compressed air.
(4) Inspect all parts for damage. Replace
(5) Check fire ring groove (1) of piston crown
(2) with piston groove gage tool (3).