counterclockwise direction. Serious
damage to engine may result.
Repeat steps (1) thru (4) for each
(1) Move piston (1), by rotating camshaft
screw (2) clockwise, so top is just above
air inlet ports in cylinder liner (3).
(2) Place clean rag on top of piston to catch
carbon deposits as they are removed from
cylinder liner (3}.
(3) Scrape carbon ridge from top of cylinder
(4) Remove rag and carbon residue from
cylinder liner (3).
Do not use scribe or punch to mark
piston, connecting rod, or cylinder
head mounting surface. Leaks may
(5) Turn engine block (4) upside down.
Remove two nuts (5) from bearing cap
(6) Remove connecting rod bearing cap (7)
with bearing shell (8). Discard bearing
Ensure shoulder of connecting rod
does not catch on lip of cylinder liner
It may be necessary to tap piston
out of liner.
Cylinder liner may come out with
(7) Push piston (1) and connecting rod (9) out
through engine block (4) while assistant
removes piston from engine block (4).