19-7. CYLINDER HEAD REPAIR (CONT)
(49) Install valves (12) in valve bores (9).
Secure valve stems with tape prior
to rotating cylinder head to keep
valves from falling out.
(50) Place cylinder head (1) on wooden blocks with
valve stems facing up.
(51) Remove tape from valves (12).
(52) Install washer (30), valve guide seal (31), spring
(32), and spring cap (33).
Install spring compressor (34) in one of rocker
shaft screw holes (35).
Compress spring only enough to
permit installation of two-piece valve
spring retainer. Compressing spring
too far may result in damage to oil
(54) Apply pressure on spring compressor (34) and
compress spring (32).
(55) Install two valve spring locks (36) in groove at
stem end of valve (12).
(56) Slowly release pressure on spring (32), ensuring
valve spring locks (36) are in place.
(57) Remove spring compressor (34) from cylinder
(58) Turn cylinder head (1) on its side when all
valves (12) have been installed.
(59) Tap stem end of each valve (12) with plastic
hammer to seat valve spring locks (36).